Wednesday 30 April 2014

Digipak Final Product


For my second draft I didn't want to change too much from my original draft as I thought my first attempt was a well made digipak. However with my second draft I took some advice I received from feedback I got from friends and looking at my peers' work.

First of all I added the albums spine in as I forgot to do that on my first draft. Obviously all albums have the spine with the band name and album title on it as when you put them on a shelf side by side you can easily see which albums you want to listen to. The blue colour of the spine is a juxtaposition to the album name "Black Cloud" and I wanted to get across the whole things will always get better idea which is something I did in my music video of the protagonist finding someone he can be himself with at the end of the video.

I also added in a new image to the back of the album as I thought the colour element I used wasn't very good and I'd already used that on my inside cover. I added yet another image with an orange tinge to it to keep with the colour scheme for the album. Also adding the bar code and record label logo (EMI) shows a much more professional element to the CD as this is a key feature you would find on any album as the record label want to take credit for the album and the money the album makes as bands tend not to make much money from album sales due to the digitalisation of the music industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment